Dissolve Worry & Stress
Is stress making your life a misery? Need a quick and easy way to relax and truly unwind? Click here
Test the Most Powerful Meditation Audio EVER!
Get the benefit of 1 hour meditation in just 12 minutes. Click here
Would you like to control how you feel?
Greater happiness; deep, powerful sleep; huge energy boosts. Click here
Holiday De-Stressing Tips for Kids
The holiday season can be a hectic, stressing time not only for adults, but also for children: lots of driving around town in traffic jams; schlepping through overcrowded shopping malls; giving up your room for out-of-town relatives who emit a funny smell. Yep, it can be a difficult time. Here are a few tips to keep your little ones, and yourself, calm and comfortable during the holiday season.
* Lay on the floor together with your legs propped up against the wall; toes pointing to the ceiling. Talk to each other or just silently count the turns of the ceiling fan.
* Go for a walk together. Take an early morning walk before everyone wakes up, or an evening walk after dinner. Remind your child that this is your special relax time together. Make time for it each day.
* Blow bubbles together. Use pre-made bubble solution or make your own. Mix together water, dishwashing liquid and a small amount of corn syrup. Add a few drops of food coloring for more colorful fun.
* Fold towels. It may sound silly at first, but the simplicity of the folds, combined with the warmth of the towels fresh from the dryer, create a very calming and comforting feeling.
* When all else fails, remember that hugs are free! Sometimes the best stress reliever is a comforting hug from someone we love.
About The Author
Deborah Shelton is the author of the brand new book The Five Minute Parent: Fun & Fast Activities for You and Your Little Ones. Visit The Five Minute Parent for fun rainy-day activities, family links, and a free email newsletter filled with craft ideas, guest articles, contests and so much more! www.fiveminuteparent.com